|Memorial .||Loos Memorial||Panel 20 to 22.||Loss|
Awards & Titles:
Family :Son of Godfrey Goodlad, of 41, Bethnal Rd., Stoke Newington; husband of Alice Louisa Goodlad, of 9, Chisholm Rd., Stoke Newington, London.
Education & Career :Merchant, Stoke Newington (1916).
Unit : 1/Northumberland Fusiliers
Action : The Battles of the Lys
9 April - 29 April 1918. As the first phase of the great German campaign of 1918 lost momentum and failed in its objective to split the British and French armies, subsidiary attacks were shift the balance of the attack and to seek opportunities to exploit other sectors. On the Lys the Germans initially enjoyed spectacular success against a Portuguese Division but the gap was soon plugged and the advance halted.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Brixton No. 1949 E.C.||London|
1st April 1916
7th October 1916
2nd December 1916
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Book : 1921 - Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918 - Oxford University Press
- Document : 1933 - Masonic Roll of Honour - Freemasons' Hall Vestibule - United Grand Lodge of England
Last Updated: 2018-05-27 15:22:08