|1. Memorial:||Bois-Des-Angles British Cemetery||I. A. 40. Crevecoeur-Sur-L'Escaut|
|2. Book:||The (1921) Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918||Pg.124|
|3. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||20C GQS|
Awards & Titles:
Family :Son of G. Griffiths, of Groesgoch, Pembrokeshire; husband of Alicia Griffiths, of Wedgwood House, Llandilo, Carmarthenshire. China Merchant (1918).
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: 1/Wiltshire Regiment|
1st Battalion August 1914 : at Tidworth. Part of 7th Brigade in 3rd Division. 14 August 1914 : landed at Rouen. 18 October 1915 : transferred with the Brigade to 25th Division. 21 June 1918: transferred to 110th Brigade in 21st Division
|Action : The Final Advance in Artois|
The Final Advance in Artois occured 2nd October - 11th November 1918. Concurrently with the advances in the Somme and Arras sectors the First and Fifth British Armies continued the advance and chase the Germans back towards the Belgian border.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Saint Michael's No. 1273 E.C.||East Kent|
17th July 1918
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley