|1. Book:||The (1921) Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918||Pg.124|
|2. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||33D GQS|
Awards & Titles:
|Military Cross |
British War Medal
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: 2 Btn 1st Nigeria Regiment, W.A.F.F.|
|Action : France & Flanders|
France & Flanders covers all the dates and corresponding locations which are outside the official battle nomenclature dates on the Western Front. Therefore the actions in which these men died could be considered 'normal' trench duty - the daily attrition losses which were an everyday fact of duty on the Western Front.
His medal card indicates that he was in France from 23rd May 1916 and that he was deceased 1 day after his 24th birthday.
Name: Thomas Daniel Harvey
Death Date: 17/10/1918
Rank: Lieutenant (T)
Regiment: West African Frontier Force
Battalion: Battalion Not Shown
Type of Casualty: Died
Comments: M G C Att Nigeria
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||St Trinians No. 2050 E.C.||Isle of Man|
|Joined :||Maguncor No. 3806 E.C.||London|
17th November 1915
25th August 1916
18th October 1916
3 years of war service shortly after initiation. "Killed in Oct. 1918", noted in St. Trinians Lodge records. On the 5th November 1917, he joined Maguncor Lodge No. 3806, whilst resident at Liverpool and still holding the rank of 2nd Lieutenant.
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley