|1. Memorial:||Thiepval Memorial, Picardie||Pier and Face 12 C.|
|2. Book:||The (1921) Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918||Pg.125|
|3. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||43C GQS|
Awards & Titles:
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: 28th Battalion London Regiment (Artists' Rifles)|
1/28th (County of London) Battalion (Artist's Rifles) August 1914 : at Dukes Road, Euston Road. Army Troops attached to 2nd London Division. Moved on mobilisation to St Albans area. 28 October 1914 : left Division and moved to France. Established as an Officers Training Corps based at Bailleul, going in April 1915 to St Omer. 28 June 1917 : transferred to 190th Brigade in 63rd (Royal Naval) Division.
|Action : France & Flanders|
France & Flanders covers all the dates and corresponding locations which are outside the official battle nomenclature dates on the Western Front. Therefore the actions in which these men died could be considered 'normal' trench duty - the daily attrition losses which were an everyday fact of duty on the Western Front.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Loyal Commercial No. 2720 E.C.||South Wales|
26th November 1910
25th February 1911
10th June 1911
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley