|1. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||7B GQS|
Awards & Titles:
Early Life :Born in Louth, Lincolnshire to Henry A and Henrietta Jeffries. In 1911, he is recorded as a Drapers Assistant visiting the house of his future wife, Maggie Greenough Gardner.
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: 2nd Battalion (Green Howards) The Yorkshire Regiment|
|Action : No Data|
No Data has been recorded for the final action, because none has yet been found. If you have any information to offer, please contact the Project Team so we can add.
JEFFRIES, HERBERT Lieutenant, 2nd Battalion Yorkshire Regiment, attached Machine Gun Corps.
Probate: JEFFRIES Herbert of 52 Chestnut-street Southport Lancashire lieutenant 2nd battalion Yorkshire regiment attached 12th M.G.C. died 20 September 1918 in France or Belgium Administration Liverpool 8 February to Maggie Greenough Jeffries widow. Effects £53.
He is interred at DOINGT COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION I. E. 23.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Lodge of Affability with Villiers No. 317 E.C.||East Lancashire|
7th February 1918
7th March 1918
4th April 1918
Herbert was a Freemason for less than a year when his life was cut short. He was a 2nd Lieutenant in the Army when he was initiated in February, 1918. War Service is recorded and that he "Died from Wounds 20th Sep 1918."
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley