|1. Memorial:||Tower Hill Memorial||London|
|2. Memorial:||The (1933) Scroll - Roll of Honour||36A GQS|
Awards & Titles:
|Distinguished Service Cross |
Family :Son of the late Joseph and Rebecca Johns; husband of the late Sarah Helen Johns.
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit :||SS Haslingden|
|Action :||Naval Campaign|
Probate record shows: JOHNS Henry of Ninewells, Solva, Pembrokeshire died 12 May 1918 at sea. Probate London 8 August to Sarah Elizabeth Rowe, widow and Alice Rebecca Johns, spinster. Effects £705 4s. 11d.
Naval Campaign is defined as to include all sea operations that do not fall within specific naval battles such as Jutland, Coronel, Falklands etc. This includes all Merchant Navy losses.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||St David's No. 2226 E.C.||Monmouthshire|
20th September 1894
18th October 1894
15th November 1894
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
Researcher : Bruce Littley