|1. Grave:||La Targette British Cemetery, Neuville-St. Vaast||I. A. 31.|
|2. Book:||The Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918|
Awards & Titles:
Education & Career :
Resident at 75 Lansdowne Road, Seven Kings & as working as a Commercial Traveller (1907).
Charles was a Gunner, Service No:81465, with 162nd Siege Battery Royal Garrison Artillery. Killed in action.
He was 36 and left a widow, Ethel Mary Kelly (nee Tipping) of 17 Bradford Rd., Seven Kings, Ilford, Essex. He is remembered on the Tipping family grave in section U at Ilford Cemetery [Grave 4113?]
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit :||162nd (Siege) Battery RGA|
|Action :||No Data|
See also: Redbridge First World War.
- Essex Volunteer Regiment Memorial Painting
- Charles Frederick Kelly Memorial Painting- Painted by church artist A. E. Fellowes-Prynne, it features a scene depicting Christ after he has been taken down from the cross.
- Ilford War Memorial Gazette
- Ilford War Memorial Hall
No Data has been recorded for the final action, because none has yet been found. If you have any information to offer, please contact the Project Team so we can add.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Lodge of United Strength No. 228 E.C.||London|
12th February 1907
12th March 1907
9th April 1907
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
Document : 1933 - Masonic Roll of Honour - Freemasons' Hall Vestibule - United Grand Lodge of England Researcher : Bruce Littley