|1. Memorial:||Tower Hill Memorial||London|
|2. Book:||The Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918|
Awards & Titles:
Family :Son of Captain Thomas Waldon Bennett and Elizabeth Hester Bennett. Husband of Ruth Alice Bennett of Gamlakarcloy Finland
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit :||SS Manchuria|
|Action :||Naval Campaign|
Hector BENNETT was the Master of the SS Manchuria (2997 grt) which was torpedoed by German U Boat U-53 sixty miles NW of Ushant on a voyage from La Goulette to Hartlepool. 26 lives were lost including Hector BENNETT.
Naval Campaign is defined as to include all sea operations that do not fall within specific naval battles such as Jutland, Coronel, Falklands etc. This includes all Merchant Navy losses.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Stranton No. 1862 E.C.||Durham|
20th July 1908
2nd February 1910
4th May 1910
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
Document : 1933 - Masonic Roll of Honour - Freemasons' Hall Vestibule - United Grand Lodge of England