|1. Memorial:||Seaham Cemetery||2.C.451|
|2. Book:||The (1921) Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918||Pg.133|
|3. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||13A GQS|
Awards & Titles:
Family :Husband of Sarah Jane Roberts, of 5, Princess Rd., Seaham Harbour.
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: SS Lady Helen|
|Action : Naval Campaign|
Naval Campaign is defined as to include all sea operations where attrition rates are in ones and twos and which do not fall within specific naval battles such as Jutland, Coronel, Falklands etc. This includes Merchant Navy losses.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Fawcett No. 661 E.C.||Durham|
24th October 1898
9th January 1899
16th February 1899
Initiated into Fawcett Lodge in 1898 where listed as a 36 year old Master Mariner from Seaham. The contribution register shows that he "Died at Sea Ship Torpedoed."
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley