|1. Grave:||City Of Paris Cemetery, Pantin||6. 19. 9.|
|2. Book:||The (1921) Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918||Pg.133|
|3. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||43B GQS|
Awards & Titles:
Family :Husband of Kathleen Ella Roberts, of 9, Bouverie Avenue, Salisbury.
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: G.H.Q. Signal Detachment|
|Action : Post War|
Post War includes all operations in all theatres up to 31st August 1921. This excludes the campaign in Russia against the Bolsheviks. It also includes men who succombed to wounds post war and who died from various causes whilst still in the services but post war.
Despatch Rider. Contracted influenza whilst on leave in Paris and died in the immediate post-war period, Paris, France and is buried in the British Cemetery, part of the Pantin Cemetery.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Old Masonians No. 2700 E.C.||London|
18th April 1914
21st May 1914
4th August 1917
John is listed as a 21 year old Picture Operator, resident at Basingstoke in 1914. He was passed in Trinity College Lodge No. 1765 Lodge and raised in another in 1917. Three years of war service is noted followed by "Died Jan 1919."
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley