|1. Memorial:||Abeele Aerodrome Military Cemetery||II. C. 16.|
|2. Book:||The (1921) Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918||Pg.133|
|3. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||23C GQS|
Awards & Titles:
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: 1/The Buffs (East Kent Regiment)|
1st Battalion August 1914 : in Fermoy. Part of 16th Brigade, 6th Division
|Action : France & Flanders|
France & Flanders covers all the dates and corresponding locations which are outside the official battle nomenclature dates on the Western Front. Therefore the actions in which these men died could be considered 'normal' trench duty - the daily attrition losses which were an everyday fact of duty on the Western Front.
T/265247 Private Cecil John Robins, 1st Battalion Buffs (East Kent) Regiment. Killed in Action 2nd August, 1918.
Probate ROBINS Cecil John of the Swan Tavern Wood-street Old Brompton Gillingham Kent died 2 August 1918 in France Probate London 15 November to Elizabeth Constance Winifred Robins widow. Effects £262 10s.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Brownrigg Lodge of Unity No. 1424 E.C.||East Kent|
2nd April 1913
7th May 1913
4th June 1913
23 year old Licensed Victualler resident in Old Brompton in 1913. The contribution register shows "Died 31st July/18."
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley