|1. Book:||The (1921) Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918||Pg.135|
|2. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||31A GQS|
Awards & Titles:
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: 3rd Battalion The Rifle Brigade|
|Action : No Data|
No Data has been recorded for the final action, because none has yet been found. If you have any information to offer, please contact the Project Team so we can add.
2nd Lieutenant John Simmons, 3rd Battalion Rifle Brigade
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||William of Wykeham No. 1883 E.C.||Hampshire & IOW|
10th November 1914
8th December 1914
9th November 1915
Listed as a 42 year old Honorary Lieutenant & Quartermaster resident at Winchester in 1914 at the time of his initiation into William of Wykeham Lodge. The contribution register records him as "Killed on active service 21.8.16."
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley