|1. Grave:||Grevillers British Cemetery||XVI. E. 1.|
|2. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||25C GQS|
Awards & Titles:
Family :Son of Helena Stubbs, of Hatton St., Karori, Wellington, New Zealand, and the late Charles Stubbs; husband of Eileen Stubbs, of 27, Oxford Terrace, Hyde Park, London, England. Born at Wellington, New Zealand.
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit :||New Zealand Machine Gun Corps|
|Action :||The Final Advance in Artois|
Embarked for service from Wellington on the "Pakeha" HMNZT65 23rd September, 1916 towards Devonport.
He is commemorated for his service on the Auckland Museum Online Cenotaph and on the New Zealand War Graves Project.
The Final Advance in Artois occured 2nd October - 11th November 1918. Concurrently with the advances in the Somme and Arras sectors the First and Fifth British Armies continued the advance and chase the Germans back towards the Belgian border.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Wellington No. 1521 E.C.||New Zealand (North Island)|
19th July 1916
16th August 1916
13th September 1916
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley