|1. Memorial:||Manchester Southern Cemetery||G. CE. 219.|
|2. Book:||The (1921) Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918||Pg.137|
|3. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||46C GQS|
Awards & Titles:
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: 1/6 Manchester Regiment|
1/6th Battalion August 1914 : in Stretford Road, Hulme. Part of Manchester Brigade, East Lancashire Division 25 September 1914 : landed at Alexandria in Egypt. 6 May 1915 : landed on Gallipoli. 26 May 1915 : formation became 127th Brigade, 42nd (East Lancashire) Division. 28 December 1915 : evacuated from Gallipoli, landed on Mudros and proceeded to Egypt. 2March 1917 : landed Marseilles and proceeded to the Western Front.
|Action : No Data|
No Data has been recorded for the final action, because none has yet been found. If you have any information to offer, please contact the Project Team so we can add.
Sgt Major William Vass promoted to 2/Lt in Oct 1914
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Volunteer No. 2905 E.C.||East Lancashire|
23rd April 1902
Joined Volunteer Lodge from the Scottish Constitution.
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley