Awards & Titles:
|1914-15 Star |
British War Medal
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
- The Second World War 1939-1945, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: Yorks & Lancs Regiment|
Captain Eric Tyrrell Young:
Rifleman 12th London Regiment (The Rangers)
Captain 16th Yorks & Lancs Regiment.
He served as part of the British Expeditionary Force in France, from December 1914.
ProbateYOUNG Eric Tyrrell of 224 Stanley-road Wakefield died 17 January 1944 at Pinderfields Emergency Hospital Wakefield Probate Wakefield 20 March to Elizabeth Young widow. Effects £1590 0s. 5d.
For his service in The Great War he was awarded the 1914-15 Star, British War Medal and the Victory Medal.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Barnard No. 1230 E.C.||Durham|
3rd August 1917
7th September 1917
6th February 1918
The contribution record shows that Eric was a Captain resident at Hipswell Camp, Northumberland when initiated in 1917. He is recorded on the Lodge Roll of Honour, but not the 1921 Book or 1940 Scroll.
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley