|1. Document:||New Zealand WW1 Masonic List||N.Z.|
Awards & Titles:
|Meritorious Service Medal |
- The Second Anglo-Boer War 1899-1902, South Africa.
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: Auckland Mounted Rifles, N.Z.E.F.|
Mike: BEAN Auckland Regiment, 196, 572, 650, 651, 666, 668n. 691, 747, during Turkish attack of 19 May, 151-2; in Battle of Sari Bair: captures Old No. 3 Post, 568-9, (casualties) 569, at Chunuk Bair, 676-9; in Hill 60 attack, 750; strength, 29 Aug., 761n.
|Action : War Survivor|
Although many perished in times of national conflict and in the service of their country, many more survived including those interned as Prisoners of War. Stories of those who did survive are included as part of this site, especially those with high gallantry awards, those included against an external rolls of honour and those who had a distinguished career in wartime and military leaderhip.
13/104a Company Sergeant Major Henry Alexander Hotz
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Lodge of Israel No. 3170 E.C.||Natal|
15th October 1911
15th March 1912
24th April 1912
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley