|1. Memorial:||Grevillers (New Zealand) Memorial||Grevillers|
Awards & Titles:
Early Life :Son of Charles and Mary Ann Thompson. of Forster. New South Wales, Australia.
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: New Zealand Rifle Brigade, N.Z.E.F|
Consolidated list of Riflemen from all battalions of the New Zealand Rifle Brigade.
32972 Rifleman Oswald Charles Thompson, 4th Battalion New Zealand Rifle Brigade.
He has no known grave but is commemorated on the New Zealand memorial at Grevillers, on Stone 9.A.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Pacific No. 1229 E.C.||New Zealand (South Island)|
22nd April 1913
20th May 1913
17th June 1913
Oswald is listed as a 34 year old Blacksmith from Hokitika at the time of his initiation in 1913. His contribution record shows one year of war service and then that he was "Killed in Action 3 Mar 1918." He does not appear to be recorded on the original working of the New Zealand Masonic List.
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley