|1. Grave:||Les Baraques Military Cemetery Sangatte||V.F.7|
|2. Book:||The (1921) Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918||Pg.129|
|3. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||47D GQS|
Awards & Titles:
Family :Born at Byker, Northumberland, 1891 Son of George William and Mary Alice Marshall, of North Shields, Northumberland.
Education & Career :
Second Mate Certificate of Competency 1913.
First Mate Certificate of Competency 1915
Master Mariner 1917.
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: SS British Sovereign|
|Action : Naval Campaign|
Naval Campaign is defined as to include all sea operations where attrition rates are in ones and twos and which do not fall within specific naval battles such as Jutland, Coronel, Falklands etc. This includes Merchant Navy losses.
SS British Sovereign.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Tynemouth Abbey No. 2971 E.C.||Unknown|
13th October 1915
6th February 1915
13th September 1915
Originally listed as Andrew Coutts Cunningham, but the records of Tynemouth Abbey show no such entry. There is however a Andrew Cunningham Marshall, who "Died 19th Sept. 1918"
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley