Awards & Titles:
Early Life :Born at Alverstoke, Hampshire circa 1865.
In 1900 he is recorded as being a Butler, a calling which is reiterated in the 1901 census when resident at "The Castle" in Chatham Dockyard - a further note states that he is Butler to Admiral Holland (Swinton Colthurst Holland - Admiral Superintendent of Chatham Dockyard 1899-1902).
Marriage certificate shows that he married Elizabeth Albery at Trinity Church, Chelsea on 23rd December 1891 when they were both living at 3 Sloane Gardens, Chelsea.
Education & Career :Butler (1891-1900)
Unit : Not Yet Known
Action : No Data
No Data has been recorded for the final action, because none has yet been found. If you have any information to offer, please contact the Project Team so we can add.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Brownrigg Lodge of Unity No. 1424 E.C.||East Kent|
5th July 1900
2nd August 1900
6th September 1900
The records for Brownrigg Lodge of Unity at United Grand Lodge show that he "Died 3rd Mar 1919"
Discrepancies (Require checks, clarity or further research) :
The Masonic Roll of Honour shows that William J. Bailey is a Lance Corporal. It is proving difficult to find a military legend for this soldier.
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Book : 1921 - Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918 - Oxford University Press
- Document : 1933 - Masonic Roll of Honour - Freemasons' Hall Vestibule - United Grand Lodge of England