|1. Grave:||Gaza War Cemetery||XXXII. B. 8.|
|2. Book:||The (1921) Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918||Pg.124|
|3. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||45D GQS|
Awards & Titles:
Family :Son of Charles Henry and Annie Grove, of Nanango, Queensland. Born at Bairnsdale. Victoria.
Education & Career :
Farmer, Narango (1914).
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: 11/Australian Light Horse|
|Action : Palestine|
Palestine is a generic term to cover actions in the region now consisting of Sinai, Israel, Jordan, Syria and Aden and involved operations against the Turks. Once the security of the Suez Canal was assured in 1915 the focus shifted to the area now within the post 1967 borders of Israel. In 1917 there were three battles at Gaza, which enabled the capture of Jerusalem in December. In 1918 the campaign continued north into the Jordan Valley then towards Damascus. The Armistice with Turkey was signed on the 31st October 1918.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Nanango No. 2873 E.C.||Unknown|
6th April 1914
8th June 1914
6th July 1914
"Died on War Service May 1918"
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley