|1. Memorial:||Achiet-Le-Grand Communal Cemetery Extension|
|2. Book:||The (1921) Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918||Pg.124|
|3. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||8A GQS|
Awards & Titles:
Family :Son of the late Sir William Cameron Gull, 2nd Bart., and the Hon. Lady Gull; husband of Mrs. F. W. I. Gull (now the Hon. Mrs. R. Morgan Grenville).
Education & Career :
Undergraduate, Christ Church College, Oxford (1909).
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: 13th (Service) Battalion The Rifle Brigade|
13th (Service) Battalion Formed at Winchester in October 1914 as part of K3 and attached as Army Troops to 21st Division. Moved in November 1914 to billets in High Wycombe. Moved to Andover in April 1915 and transferred to 111th Brigade in 37th Division. 31 July 1915 : landed at Boulogne.
|Action : France & Flanders|
France & Flanders covers all the dates and corresponding locations which are outside the official battle nomenclature dates on the Western Front. Therefore the actions in which these men died could be considered 'normal' trench duty - the daily attrition losses which were an everyday fact of duty on the Western Front.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Apollo University No. 357 E.C.||Oxfordshire|
27th April 1909
15th June 1909
25th January 1910
"Killed in Action 25.8.1918"
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley