Awards & Titles:
Education & Career :
Master Mariner (1911)
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.:|
|Action : No Data|
No Data has been recorded for the final action, because none has yet been found. If you have any information to offer, please contact the Project Team so we can add.
William John Short was a captain with the Royal Mail Steam Packet Company. He was drowned at Gorleston in Suffolk on 26 December 1917 when the small boat in which he was going ashore was overturned by a strong wave a few hundred yards offshore. He was aged 46 years. [David Earley]
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Lodge of Peace and Harmony No. 359 E.C.||Hampshire & IOW|
19th June 1911
17th July 1911
21st August 1911
DoD confirmed in the UGLE register although it records no War Service (w.s) showing 'Died 26.12.17'
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley
Researcher : David Earley Website : Sussex People - Masonic Roll