Awards & Titles:
Education & Career :Sanitary Inspector, London S.E. (1900).
Unit : Not Yet Known
Action : No Data
"He died in the first world war in 1917. He was pretty old when enlisting - in his 50s but he did so because his young son, also Ernest, lied about his age and enlisted at the age of 16."
228700, 1st Battalion, London Regiment (Royal Fusiliers).
Buried at Tyne Cot.
No Data has been recorded for the final action, because none has yet been found. If you have any information to offer, please contact the Project Team so we can add.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Borough No. 2589 E.C.||London|
21st November 1900
16th January 1901
20th February 1901
Contribution record shows "Killed in Action 9 Oct 1917"
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Book : 1921 - Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918 - Oxford University Press
- Document : 1933 - Masonic Roll of Honour - Freemasons' Hall Vestibule - United Grand Lodge of England
Last Updated: 2018-11-02 11:14:33