|Memorial .||Bailleul Communal Cemetery Extension (Nord)|
Awards & Titles:
At present we have been unable to find any substantial information on this Brother beyond that offered by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
Family :Son of Thomas and Harriet Humphries, of Upper Shakespear St., Greymouth, New Zealand.
Action : Actions in Spring 1916
Also served in Egypt.
Actions in Spring 1916 covers a number of non specific actions on the Western Front in the period February to the end of June 1916. Much of this period concerned the build up to the Battle of the Somme, particularly the acclimatisation of the Service Battalions (Kitchener Volunteers) to trench routine. As the Battle of the Somme occupied the plans for 1916 no significant efforts were made in other sectors. Many of the casualties could be considered 'routine'. During the period December to June 1916 5845 British soldiers died in 'minor trench operations'.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Greymouth No. 1233 E.C.||New Zealand (South Island)|
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Book : 1921 - Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918 - Oxford University Press