|Memorial .||Lijssenthoek Military Cemetery||X. B. 46.|
Awards & Titles:
Early Life :Son of Edmund Allen; husband of G. Allen, of 18, Priory Avenue, Hornsey, London.
Married Annie Gertrude
Probate: of 18 Priory Avenue, Hornsey, Middlesex. Private 23rd Middlesex Battalion died 30th October 1916 in France on active service. Probate 13th Dec to Annie Gertrude Allen widow. Effects £110.
Education & Career :Bank Clerk (1912)
Action : France & Flanders
France & Flanders covers all the dates and corresponding locations which are outside the official battle nomenclature dates on the Western Front. Therefore the actions in which these men died could be considered 'normal' trench duty - the daily attrition losses which were an everyday fact of duty on the Western Front.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Honor Deo No. 3562 E.C.||Unknown|
12th December 1911
1st February 1912
7th March 1912
He is listed, on the records with HENRY THOMAS ORDISH, with whom he shared Initiation and Passing dates
Discrepancies (Require checks, clarity or further research) :
United Grand Lodge of England record Killed in Action 4th November 1916
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Book : 1921 - Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918 - Oxford University Press
- Document : 1933 - Masonic Roll of Honour - Freemasons' Hall Vestibule - United Grand Lodge of England