Awards & Titles:
So far we have been unable to source significant information on this Brother. We hope that his lodge or other interested parties can offer more information so that we can further investigate. You can contact us via the ‘contact’ tab on our website. All information gratefully received.
Unit : Not Yet Known
Action : No Data
No Data has been recorded for the final action, because none has yet been found. If you have any information to offer, please contact the Project Team so we can add.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||King's Navy No. 2901 E.C.||East Kent|
19th July 1915
17th January 1916
A manual search through the records of Kings Navy Lodge shows that he is recorded at John Allen, as a Warrant Officer, aged 34 and residing at the RN Base at Chatham. An annotation is made of "Reported Dead - Date Unknown", but is more than likely to be through 1917.
He only reached the rank of Fellowcraft.
Discrepancies (Require checks, clarity or further research) :
Age at Initiation into Kings Navy Lodge was 34. This puts birth at circa 1881. When searched under this criteria and with a possible data of death in 1917, the only real match is for John Alexander Cameron Allen (as a Temporary Engr-Sub Lt.) but it is proving challenging to find a corroboration that these two names are the same.
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Book : 1921 - Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918 - Oxford University Press
- Document : 1933 - Masonic Roll of Honour - Freemasons' Hall Vestibule - United Grand Lodge of England