|Memorial .||Loos Memorial||II. B. 22.||Loss|
Awards & Titles:
Family :Son of the late Shirley Tremearne, of Bangalore, India, and of Elizabeth Tremearne, of Tudor House, Blackheath Park, London. CWG lists also Major Arthur John Tremearne also of 8/Seaforths who was killed 25/9/15. Looks like a cousin. Same address for both.
Education & Career :B.A., Christ's College, Cambridge.
Unit : 8/Seaforth Highlanders
Action : France & Flanders
France & Flanders covers all the dates and corresponding locations which are outside the official battle nomenclature dates on the Western Front. Therefore the actions in which these men died could be considered 'normal' trench duty - the daily attrition losses which were an everyday fact of duty on the Western Front.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||St. George No. 1152 E.C.||Eastern Archipelago|
1st February 1910
1st March 1910
26th April 1910
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Book : 1921 - Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918 - Oxford University Press
- Document : 1933 - Masonic Roll of Honour - Freemasons' Hall Vestibule - United Grand Lodge of England
Last Updated: 2017-07-08 11:25:16