|1. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||59D GQS|
Awards & Titles:
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: Not Yet Known|
|Action : No Data|
No Data has been recorded for the final action, because none has yet been found. If you have any information to offer, please contact the Project Team so we can add.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||United Service No. 2735 E.C.||India|
|Joined :||Army & Navy No. 3651 E.C.||India|
|Joined :||Deolali No. 3710 E.C.||India|
|Joined :||St. John's No. 434 E.C.||Madras|
15th June 1908
20th July 1908
17th August 1908
Frederick Wells was a Founder member of Deolali Lodge on 14th March 1914. He joined from Army and Navy Lodge No. 3651 in Bombay, where he was also recorded as a founder member on 28th April 1913. He was a member of St. Johns Lodge No. 434, Secunderabad having joined on 27th December 1910. His mother Lodge was actually United Services Lodge No. 2735 at Bangalore, India where he was initiated in 1908.
Discrepancies (Require checks, clarity or further research) :
There are two separate entries for Frederick on the roll under two different Lodges.
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley