|1. Book:||Beyond The Five Points||Pgs.2-4|
Awards & Titles:
|Victoria Cross |
Companion of The Most Honourable Order of the Bath
Mentioned in Despatches x2
British Crimean Medal
Legionne d'Honneur (France)
Order of Medjidieh (Turkey)
- The Crimean War 1853-1856, Crimean Peninsular.
- The Indian Rebellion 1857, India.
|Unit :||23rd Regiment of Foot|
|Action :||War Survivor|
Although many perished in the Great War, many survived. Stories of those that survived are included as part of this site.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Saint Paul's No. 374 E.C.||Montreal & Halifax|
12th December 1848
9th January 1849
13th March 1849
In 1848, when Edward was initiated into St Paul's Lodge No. 514 at Montreal, Canada, he was listed as a Captain with the 23rd Regiment of Foot (The Royal Welch Fusiliers).
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry