|1. Book:||Beyond The Five Points||Pgs.2-4|
Awards & Titles:
|Victoria Cross |
Companion of The Most Honourable Order of the Bath
Mentioned in Despatches x2
British Crimean Medal
Legionne d'Honneur (France)
Order of Medjidieh (Turkey)
- The Crimean War 1853-1856, Crimean Peninsular.
- The Indian Rebellion 1857, India.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: 23rd Regiment of Foot|
|Action : War Survivor|
Although many perished in times of national conflict and in the service of their country, many more survived including those interned as Prisoners of War. Stories of those who did survive are included as part of this site, especially those with high gallantry awards, those included against an external rolls of honour and those who had a distinguished career in wartime and military leaderhip.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Saint Paul's No. 374 E.C.||Montreal & Halifax|
12th December 1848
9th January 1849
13th March 1849
In 1848, when Edward was initiated into St Paul's Lodge No. 514 at Montreal, Canada, he was listed as a Captain with the 23rd Regiment of Foot (The Royal Welch Fusiliers).
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley