|1. Book:||Beyond The Five Points||Pgs.5-7|
Awards & Titles:
|Victoria Cross |
Knight Commander of The Most Honourable Order of the Bath
Fellow of the Royal Society
Legionne d'Honneur (France)
Order of Medjidieh (Turkey)
- The Crimean War 1853-1856, Crimean Peninsular.
|Unit :||Scots Fusilier Guards|
|Action :||War Survivor|
Although many perished in the Great War, many survived. Stories of those that survived are included as part of this site.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Union of Malta No. 407 E.C.||Hampshire & IOW|
|Joined :||Windsor Castle No. 771 E.C.||Berkshire|
|Joined :||Abbey No. 945 E.C.||Berkshire|
25th March 1854
4th April 1854
11th April 1854
Initiated into Union of Malta Lodge No. 588 (No. 407 after 1863), at Malta 28th March 1854. Joined Windsor Castle Lodge No. 1073 (Now No. 771) on 11th July 1860, resident at Wantage. Further joined Abbey Lodge No. 945 at Abingdon in 1863 where he is noted to be the Rt. Hon Lord Wantage.
Loyd Lindsay Lodge No. 3058 which meets at Wantage is named in his honour.
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry