|1. Document:||New Zealand WW1 Masonic List||N.Z.|
Awards & Titles:
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: New Zealand Rifle Brigade, N.Z.E.F|
Consolidated list of Riflemen from all battalions of the New Zealand Rifle Brigade.
|Action : War Survivor|
Although many perished in times of national conflict and in the service of their country, many more survived including those interned as Prisoners of War. Stories of those who did survive are included as part of this site, especially those with high gallantry awards, those included against an external rolls of honour and those who had a distinguished career in wartime and military leaderhip.
24/684 Rifleman James Hooper Barnard, Machine-gun Section, 2nd Battalion, New Zealand Rifle Brigade Embarked on SS Tahiti.
Promoted to Sergeant by the time of his discharge.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||United Manawatu No. 1721 E.C.||New Zealand (North Island)|
27th August 1915
24th September 1915
8th October 1915
Listed as a 21 year old Clerk from Palmerston. One year of war service is shown in the contribution register, after which James continues to pay his dues beyond 1921.
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley