|1. Book:||The (1921) Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918||Pg.117|
|2. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||11C GQS|
Awards & Titles:
Assuming Sergeant is correct nearest match is 5 BROWN, J E Company Serjeant Major 4821 29/05/1915 Unknown King's Own Scottish Borderers United Kingdom A. II. 4. PIETA MILITARY CEMETERY
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: Not Yet Known|
|Action : No Data|
No Data has been recorded for the final action, because none has yet been found. If you have any information to offer, please contact the Project Team so we can add.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Fidelity No. 2061 E.C.||Bengal|
|Joined :||Morning Star No. 552 E.C.||Bengal|
6th April 1912
4th May 1912
1st June 1912
The records of Morning Star Lodge No. 552 show that John Edward Brown joined with many of his soldier colleagues on 1st March 1913, but resigned on 31st October 1914. His originating Lodge was Fidelity No. 2061, located at Chanbattia, Ranikhet. He resigned from his mother lodge on the 30th October 1912. His age is recorded as 32 in 1912, so birth is circa 1880.
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley