|1. Document:||New Zealand WW1 Masonic List||N.Z.|
Awards & Titles:
|Action :||War Survivor|
24812 Sapper Harry Mears, of 45 Duncan Road Gillingham Kent England.
Although many perished in times of National conflict and in the service of their country, many more survived. Stories of those who did survive are included as part of this site, especially those with Victoria or George Cross (including its predecessor - The Albert Medal), or those included against an external roll of honour.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Duke of Connaught No. 2940 E.C.||Sri Lanka|
17th October 1912
21st November 1912
19th December 1912
Listed as a 35 year old Engine Driver located in Colombo. His war service is recorded and dues are paid until at least 1921.
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley