|1. Memorial:||Vis-En-Artois Memorial||Panel 10|
|2. Book:||The (1921) Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918||Pg.119|
|3. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||27B GQS|
Awards & Titles:
Early Life :Worked as a Corsetiere (1916) and from Brondesbury Park. Noted in the records of the Grand Lodge of England to have been "Killed in Action" on 25th August 1918.
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: 28th Battalion London Regiment (Artists' Rifles)|
1/28th (County of London) Battalion (Artist's Rifles) August 1914 : at Dukes Road, Euston Road. Army Troops attached to 2nd London Division. Moved on mobilisation to St Albans area. 28 October 1914 : left Division and moved to France. Established as an Officers Training Corps based at Bailleul, going in April 1915 to St Omer. 28 June 1917 : transferred to 190th Brigade in 63rd (Royal Naval) Division.
|Action : The Second Battles of the Somme 1918|
21 August - 3 September 1918. Following the success at Amiens which Ludendorf described as "the black day for the German army" the conditions were right for the advance to be continued over the old Somme battlefield. Astonishingly the battlefield was crossed in 10 days, compared with the four months of the first battle. The Germans were pushed back towards the Hindenburg Line defences.
Probate record: CONNAH, Edward Thomas of 54 The Avenue, Brondesbury Park, Middlesex. Lance Corporal 1/28th (County of London) Battalion, London Regiment, died 25th August 1918 in France. Probate 7th February to Charlotte Jane Connah, widow. Effects: £1128 13s 7d.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Eccleston No. 1624 E.C.||London|
20th September 1916
18th October 1916
6th December 1916
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley