|1. Memorial:||Grevillers British Cemetery||IX. A. 19.|
|2. Book:||The (1921) Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918||Pg.119|
|3. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||44D GQS|
Awards & Titles:
Family :Son of Dr. J. Cowham and of 28, Park Rd., Collier's Wood, London. Married Olive Gertrude (nee Bullock) in 1908. Bank Clerk (1910).
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: D Ammunition Park, IV. Corps Heavy Artillery|
|Action : France & Flanders|
France & Flanders covers all the dates and corresponding locations which are outside the official battle nomenclature dates on the Western Front. Therefore the actions in which these men died could be considered 'normal' trench duty - the daily attrition losses which were an everyday fact of duty on the Western Front.
Probate record: COWHAM, Oswald Wharrie of 28 Park Road, Colliers Wood, Merton, Surrey, acting Lance Corporal, Army Service Corps, died 1st December 1917 in France. Probate London 25th June to Olive Gertrude Cowham, widow. Effects £853 17s
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Merton No. 2790 E.C.||Surrey|
12th April 1910
10th May 1910
11th October 1910
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley