|1. Memorial:||Vlamertinghe Military Cemetery||II.A.9|
|2. Book:||The (1921) Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918||Pg.117|
|3. Memorial:||The (1940) Scroll - WW1 Roll of Honour||30B GQS|
Awards & Titles:
Family :Son of Thomas and Maria Bowes-Wilson of Enterpen Hall, Hutton Rudby, Middlesbrough
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit / Ship / Est.: 4th Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment|
1/4th Battalion August 1914 : in Northallerton. Part of York & Durham Brigade, Northumbrian Division. 18 April 1915 : landed at Boulogne. 14 May 1915 : formation became 150th Brigade, 50th (Northumbrian) Division. 16 July 1918 : reduced to cadre strength and moved to Lines of Communication. 16 August 1918 : transferred to 116th Brigade, 39th Division. 6 November 1918 : demobilised.
|Action : Other actions in Spring 1915|
The official dates cover the period from 15th June 1915 to 8th August 1915. This is the period on the Western Front following the piecemeal engagements North of the La Bassee canal at Aubers Ridge, Festubert & Givenchy but before the Battle of Loos, the largest Western Front battle of 1915.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Ferrum No. 1848 E.C.||Yorkshire (North & East Ridings)|
8th March 1911
12th April 1911
14th June 1911
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
- Founder Researchers : Paul Masters & Mike McCarthy
- Researcher : Bruce Littley