|1. Memorial:||Lapugnoy Military Cemetery||VII. D. 1.|
|2. Book:||The (1921) Masonic Roll of Honour 1914-1918||Pg.135|
|3. Memorial:||The (1933) Scroll - Roll of Honour||24C GQS|
Awards & Titles:
Family :Son of Charles James and Florence Mary Smith, of 59, Barrowgate Rd., Chiswick, London.
- The First World War 1914-1918, World-wide.
|Unit :||1/6 The King's (Liverpool Regiment)|
|Action :||The Battles of the Lys|
9 April - 29 April 1918. As the first phase of the great German campaign of 1918 lost momentum and failed in its objective to split the British and French armies, subsidiary attacks were shift the balance of the attack and to seek opportunities to exploit other sectors. On the Lys the Germans initially enjoyed spectacular success against a Portuguese Division but the gap was soon plugged and the advance halted.
|Type||Lodge Name and No.||Province/District :|
|Mother :||Royal Military No. 1449 E.C.||East Kent|
10th March 1913
14th April 1913
13th May 1913
The project globally acknowledges the following as sources of information for research across the whole database:
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The (UK) National Archives
- Ancestry.co.uk - Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History online
- ugle.org.uk - The records of the United Grand Lodge of England including the Library and Museum of Freemasonry
Last Updated: 2017-08-09 08:15:08